Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Friday, April 13, 2012

Pantry Brownies

pantry brownies 1I was craving brownies. And my mom was coming to town to house shop for the second time under very stressful conditions. So brownies were in order. Which meant I had to endure C complaining how the house smelled like chocolate (how dare I!) But it was worth it. A friend recommended Martha Stewart's recipe for fudgy chocolate brownies, which I adapted to work with my pantry staples and simplified the preparation to better suit my cooking style. The result was a decadent brownie that can be whipped up in under an hour and only dirties one bowl.  So you can have brownies anytime, as long as your husband can tolerate that awful chocolate smell =)
Pantry Brownies

½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 1/3 cups chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square glass baking dish with cooking spray. Grease the pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Place the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe dish, microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate has completely melted. Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture until well combined. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Then, whisk in vanilla and gently fold in the flour and salt. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until set. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Run a knife or offset spatula around the edges of the pan and cut into squares.
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Alida said...

This is dangerous because I do always have these ingredients on hand...and I love brownies!

Lynsey said...

I have a weakness for brownies. And yes, all the listed ingredients are staples in my pantry as well. These look fabulously gooey and delicious!

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

An easy and quick brownie recipe is a must. I need brownies now!

Nicole said...

Your husband is so odd. How could you not like the smell of chocolate (or bread, etc.)?

These look so easy!

Anonymous said...

This looks really taste!
You have fantastic recipes with great pics! :)

I posted an After Eight Cake recipe on my blog:

poppy-seed-flower.blogspot.com

Melinda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...